Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Ring in fall with these yummy pumpkin spice waffles!
For The Waffles
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Heat up waffle iron according to the instructions.
- Add oats to a blender and blend for ~30-60 seconds until they turn into a fine oat flour. (Alternatively, you can use pre-made oat flour in the same measurement.)
- Take your pumpkin and place it on a piece of paper towel. Add another piece of paper towel on top and press to get out some of the water. (Don’t skip this step or you’ll wind up with soggy waffles!)
- Add the remaining ingredients (baking powder, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, oil, vanilla, ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon) right into the blender where your oats are.
- Blend until well combined. (If you’re using premade oat flour you don’t need to do this in a blender, you can whisk it! The purpose of keeping the mixing in the blender is to reduce dishes!)
- Spray your hot waffle iron with nonstick spray and add your batter. (This should make about 4 waffles.)
- Cook your waffles according to the waffle iron (mine has a light that says “ready” when they’re done) or until desired crisp-ness.
- Remove your cooked waffles and dress them up with the greek yogurt, maple syrup and sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp pumpkin spice. Enjoy!
- Vegetable oil: You can use any type of oil. I typically use canola oil but olive or even melted coconut oil would work.
- Oats: You could make this recipe with regular flour but I recommend oats! They have a subtle sweetness that is just divine in a waffle!
- Greek Yogurt: Any %age fat yogurt will work, even a plant based variety. If your yogurt is fat free you may decide to add some peanut butter or butter to your waffles to add fat to keep you feeling full and satisfied longer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!