Easy Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry
This Chinese chicken stir fry with broccoli is one of my favorite meals, ever! Easy-peasy, you can pair this recipe with noodles, rice, or just by itself for a simply delicious meal at home.
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, (cut into ~1” pieces)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 heads broccoli chopped into florets
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tsp garlic minced or very finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- rice optional serving suggestion
- sesame seeds optional serving suggestion
- Heat sesame oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté for five minutes.
- Add broccoli to the pan containing the chicken and cover for 10 minutes to cook at medium heat.
- While broccoli and chicken are cooking you can prepare the sauce by combining chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, garlic, ginger and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- After the chicken & broccoli have cooked for 10 minutes you can pour your sauce mixture over it (You may need to stir it up if it’s been sitting for a few minutes!) Gently mix in your sauce to evenly coat the broccoli and chicken.
- Let your mixture simmer over medium heat for ~3-5 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce & thicken. (You do not want your sauce to be watery, it should be slightly sticky and not super runny and clear!)
- I recommend serving your broccoli chicken stir fry over rice and topping with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Feel free to sub any protein source like ground meat, shrimp, tofu or tempeh! To ensure recipe is gluten free double check the labels of the sauces you’re using!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!