Easy Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, (cut into ~1” pieces)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 heads broccoli chopped into florets
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tsp garlic minced or very finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- rice optional serving suggestion
- sesame seeds optional serving suggestion
- Heat sesame oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté for five minutes.
- Add broccoli to the pan containing the chicken and cover for 10 minutes to cook at medium heat.
- While broccoli and chicken are cooking you can prepare the sauce by combining chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, garlic, ginger and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- After the chicken & broccoli have cooked for 10 minutes you can pour your sauce mixture over it (You may need to stir it up if it’s been sitting for a few minutes!) Gently mix in your sauce to evenly coat the broccoli and chicken.
- Let your mixture simmer over medium heat for ~3-5 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce & thicken. (You do not want your sauce to be watery, it should be slightly sticky and not super runny and clear!)
- I recommend serving your broccoli chicken stir fry over rice and topping with sesame seeds. Enjoy!